My friend Kristi has tagged me for this 5s meme. It will probably be the last time she tags me, since I can't think of one interesting thing in any of these places, but let's take a look just in case.**
5 items in my fridge
- Milk. Lots and lots of milk. We probably go through 4 gallons of milk per week -- we all drink a lot of milk in this house. Does that make us milk-os?
- Fruit. It's looking better and better in New York now. FINALLY. I love fresh fruit in the summertime. Strawberries are my favorite. We have blueberries and watermelon, too. I think my son could eat an entire watermelon in one sitting, if I'd let him. I'm convinced that one day he'll be one of those kids stuffing his face silly in an eating competition. Something to look forward to.
- Yogurt. Fat-free vanilla, always. I have a dollop on my cereal in the morning, with fruit. Mmmm.
- A plate of black bean burgers, ready to be cooked. I made a huge batch over the weekend. I'm hooked on them!
- Leftovers -- packaged and dated. I'm a big leftover pusher. When my husband stands in front of the open fridge, looking for something to eat, I suggest a leftover. "How about some chicken? and some delicious mashed potatoes?" I hate wasting food. Hate it. So, I'm always pushing the leftovers.
5 items in my closet
Interesting. Since I've become a piler, my clothes don't often get back to my closet. So the clothes in my closet? Mostly out-of-season or out of date. Or both.
- A breast pump, circa 1993, passed on to me by my sister-in-law. I don't know why I keep it. I bought a fancy double-pump when I needed it. I think I'll give this back!
- A laundry basket filled with out-of-season clothes.
- A shoe rack. When my husband wants to drive me nuts (intentionally or not), all he has to do is return my shoes (which I leave wherever I step out of them) back to my shoe rack. Guaranteed to be the last place I'd ever look.
- A bathrobe that I haven't worn in at least 2 years. I'm not a robe person -- I go directly from towel to clothes.
- My spring/summer purse. Guess it's time to make the switch!
5 items in my car
- Dust. My car needs a good cleaning, inside and out. It's coated with tree pollen.
- A diaper bag. Nothing as grand as this, mind you -- just a small, plain Jane diaper bag, ready for action.
- Toys. The stuffed raccoon is a favorite in the car.
- My clip-on sunglasses. I curse the world if they aren't there when I need them.
- A pool noodle. Because you never know when you're going to need to stay afloat!
5 items in my purse
I could probably list 55 items in my purse. I'll spare you. There was a time when I made fun of my older sister for this, but now I too have a mom purse.
- Old grocery lists. Apparently, because you never know when you're going to need to write something down on the back of one of those scraps of paper! Really, why do I keep them?
- My ID tag for work. It's always reassuring when I swipe it, and it still works. Then I know I still have a job.
- An overstuffed wallet with receipts hanging out all over the place. Can you say pack-rat?
- A small tea tin containing Red Rose tea bags. Because I'm a Red Rose tea snob.
- My beloved and well-worn library card. I use it often and know right where it is in my purse!
5 people who are thusly tagged
You in front, you in the back, you in the green shirt, you with the glazed look on your face, and YOU! I think that covers everyone. (If you want to do it, consider yourself tagged!)
** OK, this just proves that I can blather on about nothing and anything. I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed of that fact!